Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The first signs of fall..


I had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season today, and you know what that means folks... Fall is just around the corner! Fall is my absolute favorite season. Whats not to love? The colors, the clothes, the weather, and of course the food and football. These are the reasons I love fall.

Fall Fashion. Yeah, summer's great with shorts, tanks and flip flops, but fall outfits are my favorite. Jackets, blazers, and coats are so stylish and timeless. And the shoes.. AMAZING. Boots of all kinds look great on most everybody. I love my knee high light brown leather boots.. they match a ton of outfits and are so comfortable and chic. Lace up booties are my new fave. Too cute.

 
The food. Fall flavors are incredible. Yeah, there are the favorites.. it seems every fast food restaurant, coffee chain, icecream shop, you name it, has something pumpkin or apple flavored. But I love all fall produce.. sweet potatoes, mushrooms, beets, cranberries, squash, leeks and onions, cabbages and brussels sprouts, and leafy greens(chard, collards, kale, mustard and turnip greens). Fall is also the time for super comforting dishes. Its so nice on those cold windy days to come home to a bowl of soup or hot mac and cheese. Check back in when I post my favorite fall recipes.

Football. College football season is probably the most fun time of the year. Some of my favorite college memories involve tailgating or going to games. Penn State football games (AKA The Greatest Show in College Football) are incredible. Even during a not so spectacular showing on the field, the crowd manages to maintain the highest level of energy possible. It's amazing. WE ARE PENN STATE!
I had to mention South Carolina Football too. I was born and raised in Columbia, SC, home of The University of South Carolina Fighting Gamecocks. I grew up cheering on my boys in garnet and black, and I am still a loyal fan despite where I chose to attend college. Luckily I have never had to pick one team over the other, and if there ever is a day that they play each other, it will be both the best and worst football game ever.

What do you love about fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment